- "I owe John Cassisi and his staff my life because getting in contact with them gave me an opportunity to return to my normal life and obtain a substantial award. I would tell everyone, go and see John Cassisi, he can change your life!"
- "They answered my every question and educated me on so many things connected with pursuing a law suit. I never expected to be compensated $1.5 million dollars, but yes it did happen! Thank you to everyone at The Cassisi Law Firm!"
- "Not only we received a great amount of money, but we gained the most professional and kind attorney and friend for life. Since then, Mr. Cassisi and his staff helped us with other personal matters and we would never go anywhere else. Thank you!"
- ". His professionalism and expertise in personal injury law, produced a great outcome of a more than half a million dollars, for which I am and will be grateful for the rest of my life."
- "I thank you so much for all your dedication and personal attention when dealing with my case. I received a substantial settlement even though I never thought I could and because of that I was able to make my kids dreams come true."
- "I highly recommend The Cassisi Law Firm to anyone who wants to win a case! I am so happy that I had found John Cassisi and his staff!"
- "Mr. Cassisi represented me in connection with my head-on type car accident. I was paid for my car and received over $150,000 for my injuries. I could not be more happy with The Cassisi Law Firm."
When you suffer a serious personal injury as the result of another person’s negligence or carelessness, you should consult a knowledgeable and experienced injury lawyer. Since 1984, the Queens personal injury lawyers at the Cassisi Law Firm, P.C. have been helping clients in Queens, the Bronx, Brooklyn, and in Nassau and Suffolk Counties to determine whether they may be legally entitled to damages for their injuries.
We have represented clients in a broad variety of personal injury matters, including:
- Vehicle accidents, including car, motorcycle, and bicycle accidents;
- Slips, trips, and falls;
- Pedestrian accidents;
- Medical malpractice;
- Construction accidents;
- Dog bites;
- Workplace accidents (under New York’s Workers’ Compensation Law);
- Accidents involving injuries to young children; and
- Other accidents and injuries.
Our Queens personal injury lawyers are committed to protecting and enforcing the legal rights of individuals whose lives have been irrevocably disrupted by the negligence of someone else.Suing for Negligence in New York
People who have been injured due to the careless conduct of another can sue under a variety of legal theories, but perhaps the most common is negligence. In order to prevail in a negligence claim under New York law, the injured victim typically must prove that:
- The defendant owed the plaintiff a duty of care (usually to act reasonably);
- The defendant breached that duty;
- There was proximate cause; and
- The plaintiff was damaged due to the defendant’s breach of duty.
For example, all drivers owe a duty to others on the road to exercise due care and operate their vehicles carefully. Those who drive carelessly by texting and driving or driving while drunk, for example, can be shown to have breached this duty. If this reckless conduct causes an accident and someone else is injured, the injured party may sue the driver for compensatory damages to cover amounts including medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.Choose the Right Attorney to Represent You
When you or someone close to you suffers a serious personal injury, it is difficult to do much more than focus on trying to recover and to cope with the emotional, physical, and psychological stress of your changed life. While that may be understandable, it is also important—if not absolutely critical—that you find out what your rights are, what options are available to you, and what steps you ought to take to make sure that your tragedy does not also cause you financial hardship or ruin.
An experienced and qualified attorney can help. When personal injuries come about as the result of someone else’s negligence, justice demands that the person responsible also accept responsibility for shouldering the financial and moral burden that accompanies such injuries, including providing compensation for medical costs, lost income, long-term care costs, pain and suffering, and other impacts on the person they have harmed. A good personal injury lawyer will assist you in making sure that these demands of justice are met.
In selecting an attorney, some important questions to ask are:
- Does my attorney have extensive experience handling cases similar to mine?
- Is my attorney intimately familiar with the statutes and cases that will apply?
- Is my attorney familiar with the rules and procedures of the court that has jurisdiction over my case?
- Will my attorney accommodate my special requirements, even if it means meeting outside of his office or at unusual hours?
- Will my attorney communicate with me personally, rather than through an intermediary?
- Will my attorney return calls promptly, answer my questions, and keep me informed?
New York Personal Injury Lawyers
At the Cassisi Law Firm, we believe in providing our clients with the quality of help we would want if we were clients. We take time to get to know our client’s priorities. We explain to them what their options are and what they can reasonably expect, so that they can make informed decisions. We work together with our clients every step of the way to make sure that we are serving their needs and meeting their goals. Client communication is a paramount concern to us during the entire litigation.
With over 30 years of experience, we have access to some of the most knowledgeable and experienced physicians in and around the New York City boroughs. We employ their expertise to not only to treat our clients, but to make sure we can compile a complete and thorough assessment of just what it will take in terms of medical care and services to help them fully recover, or, if that is not possible, what we can expect in terms of long-term care needs, disabilities, impairments, or other effects of their injuries.Call Us Today For a Free Consultation
In three decades of practice, the Cassisi Law Firm has helped numerous personal injury victims recover millions of dollars in damages. Our goal is to make sure that accidents and injuries do not impoverish our clients and their families, when the responsibility for the harm belongs squarely on the shoulders of people or businesses that should have taken more care, but failed to.
If you have been injured in an accident, or if someone close to you has suffered a serious personal injury in an accident, contact Queens personal injury lawyer John Cassisi and The Cassisi Law Firm at (718) 441-5050, or use our online form to set up a free, confidential, no obligation consultation. The Cassisi Law Firm also defends New York clients in DWI and other criminal defense cases.